Our high school program features a rigorous, accredited, college preparatory curriculum that provides students with the skills they need for their post-secondary life. Students graduate with a solid academic foundation. Our course standards meet or exceed both the State of Florida Next General Sunshine State Standards and the Common Core State Standards. In recent years, Paladin Academy has had a 100% graduation rate for seniors.
Unique features of our high school program include:
- Small group instruction of 10-15 students per teacher
- Individualized approach for students who learn differently or function below grade level in some areas
- Helping each student take ownership of their own academic situation and become an effective self-advocate
- Preparation for successful college entry process
- Focus on self advocacy, time management, study and organizational skills that will be critical to future success
- Graduating seniors are not required to complete the State of Florida FCAT or End of Course (EOC) exams, a challenge for many struggling learners.
Students may seek graduation via one of two paths:
Standard Diploma Track – This curriculum track is for college-bound students who need to earn a standard high school diploma to continue their education. Our fall and spring semesters closely mirror those of Broward County public schools. Students have the option to attend an academic field trip during the spring semester. Past excursions have included a visit to Washington D.C. as part of American history studies and a trip to the Grand Canyon for earth/physical science class.
Courses for summer credit recovery are available under this program track. Additional options are available for Advanced Placement (AP) courses, dual enrollment at college, and online distance learning opportunities. There is also a part-time enrollment option for qualifying seniors.
Vocational Diploma Track – This academic program prepares each student for future study and independent living to their highest individual potential. Courses are designed for students for whom the content of a traditional college-prep curriculum would be too rigorous and complex. Graduates go on to study at trade schools, certificate programs, two-year degree programs or move directly into the work force.